Monday, April 2, 2012

FOOD FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!

 I am a vegetarian, not a vegan because I really love dairy!  MMMMM cheese, yogurt!  YUM!
When I first started not eating meat when I was 17, I thought it was all about eating pasta and bread.  Then salads. I wasnt too imaginitive.
When I started lifting weights and protein was da'bomb, I started letting eggs and tuna back into my diet.  But strangely I hate eggs, and would eat them then have to eat something else to get the taste out of my mouth.  I couldnt watch TV when I was eating, incase something gross came on ( I have a weak stomach) and I would just eat them fast to get it over with.
Tuna as well, would leave a bad smell on my hands and breath.  I completely gave up both (tuna almost 4 yrs ago, and eggs 2 yrs ago)
Now with running, I am less nazi-ish about calories and I have opened my palette to newer foods and trying new things.
Veggie pizza
I made this last night and it was SOOOOOO GOOD!  Light rye bread, with some pizza sauce and cheese, toasted in toaster oven, I grilled the mushroom and red pepper before adding to top and then added spinach.
I've been doubling the dose of spinach in my smoothies in the morning, and adding it to other foods whenever I can.  Trying to do away with taking iron pills daily, and maybe only once a week.  I am still 'low' on iron from my last blood test in February, but not depleted as I was last yr.

Jelly bean run.

No comments:

Post a Comment